GATE 2017 (Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering 2017) is a National level entrance examination conducted for testing the knowledge and skill of the candidates in the subjects of Engineering, Architecture and PG subjects of Applied Sciences. The competitors studying in the final year or already passed the Master of Science courses are qualified to appear for the GATE 2017 examination led by the joint advisory group of IIT's and IISc. The GATE 2017 entrance examination marks or scores are used for the admission process to PG programs in the field of Engineering (i.e. M.E/M.Tech and direct PhD) in IIT's, IISc and different other government and private institutions all over India. The GATE score is likewise utilized by different private and Public organizations for screening test for job purposes. So appearing for the gate exam and acquiring higher mark is essential for a better future of every candidates. And due to this fact, the examination is getting tougher every year as the competition is approaching its peak. If you are about to appear for the gate exam 2017, then read the below given in depth details of the exam. It'll surely help you know each and every details about the examination that you are gonna face. This will be the only article that you wanna read and refer prior to the examination. Every details regarding the gate exam like syllabus, application form, exam dates, important dates, eligibility criteria, admit card, result and almost everything that a gate 2017 aspirant needs.
GATE 2017 Important Dates
Application Form Start Date
First Week of September 2016
Application Form Last Date
First Week of October 2016
Request for Changing City Last Date
Mid November 2016
Correction in Application Form
Mid November 2016
Admit Card Issuing Date
3rd Week of December 2016
GATE 2017 Exam Date
End of January 2017
Gate 2017 Result Date
Third Week of March 2016
Availability of Score Card
Last Week of March 2016
GATE 2017 - An Overview
The GATE 2017 exam is conducted for admission to Post graduate engineering courses, though JEE Main 2017 is a placement test for UG designing courses. The GATE 2017 will be jointly organized by the IISc and seven IIT's in Mumbai, Delhi, Kanpur, Roorkee, Madras, Kharagpur, Guwahati. The GATE sorting out establishment will be in charge of end to end process and making coordination among the other regulating foundations. The candidates who qualify the GATE Exam and seek after the Masters programs and direct doctoral projects in Engineering, Technology, Architecture and doctoral projects will be given financial assistance by MHRD. Here in this article we will examine complete insights in regards to GATE 2017, application strategy for the GATE exam, GATE exam Pattern, Eligibility criteria and procedure of choice.
- Name of Examination: GATE 2017
- Exam Level: All India Examination
- Exam Type: PG (Post Graduate) Examination
- Exam Date : Updated soon...
- Organizing Institute: IIT Roorkee
GATE 2017 Eligibility Criteria
The candidates appearing for the GATE 2017 exam must satisfy the eligibility criteria before showing up for the exam, the points of interest of the qualification criteria has been given below:
- The competitor ought to have complete B.E/B.Tech/B.Arch/B.Pharm from a perceived college.
- The applicants ought to have finished graduate degree in any branch of Science/Mathematics/Statistics/Computer or comparable.
- The applicant having Bachelor's degree in science (B.Sc research/B.S post certificate or 4 years after twelfth) are additionally qualified to apply.
- The competitors ought to have finished coordinated M.Sc or five year incorporated B.S. – M.S program.
- The competitors who have passed the above recorded qualifying examination, they need to present their degree endorsement or temporary authentication of the finish of the course.
- The competitors ought to have finished coordinated M.E/M.Tech after B.Sc are likewise qualified to apply for GATE 2017
- Every one of the competitors considering in the last year of the qualifying examination are likewise qualified to apply for GATE 2017, gave that they need to present the authentication from the Principal of the school or college.
GATE 2017 Application Form
The application for the gate 2017 will be done through online, the candidates are required to fill the application form by heading over to the GATE official website of IISC or any of the other seven IIT's. The competitors need to submit their marks, photos, classification testament, and all other important authentication like degree certificate must be transferred as said in the GATE 2017 notice.
The competitors are additionally informed that the GATE application structure hasn't been announced yet, yet when we will get any report in regards to GATE exam 2017 we will upgrade all the data in this site.
The payment of application fee for the examination can be done either via net banking/ debit card or E- Challan. The fee stucture is as follows:
- For Women/ SC/ ST/ PWD: Rs.750/-
- For Others: Rs. 1500/-
GATE 2017 Features
- The GATE 2017 will be held online through a Computer Based Test (CBT), there will be 22 papers in the GATE 2017 examinations, and the applicant needs to apply for one paper out of 22 according to the subjects in qualifying examinations.
- The whole procedure of GATE 2017 will be on the web, i.e. beginning from the filling of use structure web, transferring of every single essential endorsement and records, download of admit card and last conduction of examination through CBT.
- The hopefuls need to present the application charges through online mode, by utilizing diverse channels of expense installment according to the comfort of the understudies; these incorporate Net Banking, Debit/Credit card, and e-Challan.
- GATE 2017 examinations will be held from a week ago of January 2017 to third week of February 2017, amid forenoon and evening session on Saturday and Sundays of the option weekends. The complete examination calendar will be advised to the applicants when any official data will be accessible.
- The GATE admit card and result will be reported in the GATE 2017 official site, applicant must note that no printed version of admit card and score card will be send to the candidates.
How to Apply For GATE 2017 Examination?
Here we have talked about complete application strategy of the GATE 2017 examination. Applicants are encouraged to peruse every one of the focuses deliberately for effectively filling the application structure.
The applicants need to apply online through an online interface known as GATE online application handling framework (GOAPS). The GOAPS interface will utilized all through the GATE exam 2017 and will help understudies in the following:
- Applying for the examination on the web.
- Transferring Photographs, signature and other fundamental records.
- Application charges installment through net saving money, credit/plastic, e-challan.
- Checking the status of use.
- Contact to the zonal GATE workplaces for any inquiries.
- Checking Admit card and scorecard of the applicants.
- The applicants need to get to the GOAPS site from the site of the GATE zonal workplaces furthermore from GATE 2017 sorting out establishment.
The hopefuls need to enroll by entering their points of interest and legitimate mail id and telephone number, since all the communication will be made through mail and telephone no.
After fruitful enlistment GOAPS enlistment ID will be sent to the possibility to their mail id, The applicants must recall the enlistment ID and GOAPS secret word for further references.
Presently the applicant need to apply online for GATE 2017 utilizing GOAPS enrollment ID and password, the hopefuls need to enter the following things:
- Individual data of the applicants that incorporates their name, date of conception, your own portable number, guardian's name and versatile no.
- Location of the understudy.
- Qualification capability.
- Great quality photos and marks according to the particulars.
- Attested copies of all the compulsory certificates/records.
- Point of interest of the substantial ID evidence that the competitors need to take to the examination lobby.
Subsequent to confirming every one of the subtle elements continue towards expenses installment, the applicants can pay the charges either through net managing an account, e-challan, credit/plastic.
After fruitful installment of the expenses, the applicant will be diverted to the affirmation page, competitor may wish to take the printout of the last confirmation page for future references.
GATE 2017 Syllabus
The Gate exam is conducted for 23 papers including pertoleum Engineering. Each paper has separate syllabus and the same for each paper will be available shortly in our website. Also we will give you the PDf version of the syllabus for all papers. The updation with the same is coming shortly.
GATE 2017 Exam Pattern
The applicants, who are showing up in the GATE exam 2017, must check the gate 2017 syllabus and exam examples to think about the no. inquiries, checking plans, critical area in the GATE 2015 inquiry paper. Here we have talked about complete example of the GATE exam 2017.
The inquiry paper will includes aggregate of 65 inquiries, for the aggregate of 100 imprints, out of 65 inquiries 55 inquiry are in light of the center subjects and building arithmetic conveying 85 imprints and the rest 10 inquiries will be from general bent which is a necessary area conveying 15 imprints.
Multiple Choice Questions (MCQ)
The different decision inquiries will convey 1 or 2 denote, these inquiries will have 4 choices for each inquiry, and the competitors will need to answer one and only right reaction.
Numerical Answer Questions
They will convey 1 or 2 imprints in every area of the inquiry papers, the answer of these inquiry will must be entered by the hopeful by utilizing the virtual keypad.
There will no decisions accessible for these inquiries.
GATE Admit Card
The hopefuls who have connected for the GATE 2017 exam, can check their admit card from the official site of GATE 2017. The admit card for the GATE 2017 examinations will be discharged online from second week of December, 2017. The competitors need to login to the GOAPS by utilizing their enlistment ID and email address.
The GATE admit card will contain the subtle elements like understudy move no., name, date, focal point of examination and examination plan alongside other vital guidelines for the hopefuls showing up in the GATE 2017 exam.
The competitors need to carry the GATE Admit card alongside the substantial Photo ID verification to enter in the examination corridor.
GATE 2017 Answer Key Publication
The answer key for the examination for every papers will be publicised by the organising authority a few days after the examination. The candidates can check their answers with the official answer key. So everyone can get and idea about their score and their rank.
GATE 2017 Result
The GATE 2017 result will be reported in the official site of GATE 2017, competitors can weigh their outcome in the second week of March, 2017. The applicants must note that the careful result assertion date hasn't been pronounced by the authority yet, so we will upgrade the article when any official data will be accessible.
GATE 2017 Score Card
The Scorecard for the GATE 2017 examination can be downloaded after a few days of the assertion of the outcome. The hopefuls can download the GATE scorecard by getting to the zonal sites from where they have connected for the GATE exam, the scorecard can be downloaded by entering the enrollment Id and watchword of the competitors.
GATE 2017 Cut-Off
The cut off marks means the minimum mars a candidate should score for qualifying the examination. The cut off marks will be announced by the Gate 2017 organizing institute soon after the completion of exam. The cut off marks may depend on various factors like number of candidates appeared for the exam, difficulty level of exam etc. The same cannot be predicted at this time. Stay tuned to us for knowing the latest updates about the cut off and other details about the exam.
Gate 2017 Counselling Procedure
The counselling is done after the results and is conducted by the CCMT. By the process the candidates are admitted to various Nits and IISC and IITDM. The allotment of seats will be based on the score acquired by the candidate in the examination.
Hope you got almost all information about the upcoming gate exam. We've tried out level best to make the article most accurate and detailed. If we missed anything or if you need any additional information regarding gate 2017, please let us know it via comments. So we will update the article with necessary information. That will be very helpful for all gate aspirants.
Wish you a Great Success..!